Fire breaks out at Mumbai slum after cylinder blast, none injured
A fire engulfed around nine shanties at a slum in Reay road area in Mumbai after a cylinder blast on Sunday evening. Fire tenders reached the spot. No injuries have been so far.
The blaze erupted around 7.21 pm in a hutment near Mariam temple at Ganesh Nagar in Kaula Bunder area, he said.
"The fire engulfed around nine shanties with ground plus one-storey structure. Electric wiring, doors and windows, plastic sheets, clothes and some other household items at these places were damaged in the blaze, but no casualty was reported," he said, adding that the fire was extinguished around 10 pm.
After the fire broke out, personnel of police department, fire brigade, staff of the Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT) as well as ambulances were rushed to the site. The cause of the fire is being ascertained, the official said.
Also Read: Mumbai: Fire breaks out in Wadia Hospital, no injuries reported
Latest India News